Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Treatment with our Fargo Chiropractor
Have you ever wanted to shake out your hand after typing for a long time? If so, you may have carpal tunnel syndrome. Our Fargo chiropractor and the entire team at Fargo Spine and Rehabilitation is dedicated to providing a variety of natural treatments to help people living with this condition so they can get back to doing the things they love.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Explained
In the underside of your wrist, you have a structure called the carpal tunnel. It's made up of bones and ligaments, and through it passes tendons, blood vessels, and the median nerve, which provides motor and sensory input in the thumb and first two fingers. When this nerve becomes compressed within the tunnel space, a person is said to have carpal tunnel syndrome (often referred to simply as carpal tunnel). Compression in the tunnel generally occurs due to swelling, which can occur for a variety of reasons:
- Repetitive motion of the wrist, hands, and fingers (especially typing and texting)
- Hormonal and physiological changes associated with pregnancy
Diagnosis, Symptoms, & Prevention of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
The key symptoms of carpal tunnel syndrome including numbness, tingling, burning, pain, and in severe cases weakness and impaired coordination in the thumb, index, and middle finger. The wrist itself may still stiff and sore, and your symptoms may seem worse at night and in the morning. As debilitating and frustrating as this condition can be, it is possible to reduce your risk of developing it. Consider these tips:
- Maintain a healthy weight, as being overweight is a risk factor.
- If you have diabetes or another health condition, manage it well with help from your doctor.
- Support your wrists while typing and practice good body mechanics (our Fargo chiropractor can teach you how!).
- Take breaks at work and do exercises for your wrists and fingers (we'll show you some!).
The Benefits of Chiropractic Care for Carpal Tunnel
We offer several services at our clinic which are effective for managing carpal tunnel, including:
- Body mechanics, postural re-training, and ergonomic modifications
- Physical therapy exercises to decrease inflammation and improve the strength of hand and finger muscles
- Chiropractic adjustments to promote healing of the nervous system at the level of the spine
Do You Have Carpal Tunnel? Contact Our Fargo Chiropractor Today
At Fargo Spine & Rehabilitation, our chiropractic team, led by Dr. Marc Vein, is proud to help people living with carpal tunnel in Fargo, ND and surrounding communities. If you are living with this common work-related injury, contact us now by calling 701-232-4770 to schedule your initial appointment, or feel free to schedule online.