Work Injury FAQs With Fargo Spine and Rehabilitation
A work injury can be costly in terms of missed wages, reduced productivity, decreased job satisfaction, and impaired long-term health. Our Fargo chiropractor, Dr. Marc Vein, is happy to answer your questions about work injury and get you back on the job ASAP, hopefully feeling better than ever.
What Causes Work Injury?
If you've been injured on the job, there's usually more than one factor contributing to the work injury. Common factors include:
- Acute accidents: did you slip, fall, or get in a motor vehicle accident?
- Heavy lifting: did you lift something incorrectly, with poor body mechanics, or with not enough assistance to handle the weight?
- Excessive sitting or standing: do you spend too much time at your desk? Conversely, do you stand for too long?
- Poor posture: do you slouch a lot, which could cause injury and core muscle weakening?
- Poor ergonomics: do you frequently have to bend or reach to get things you use? Are you straining your neck or bending your wrists a lot as you work on your computer?
What Are Common Types of Work Injury?
Some of the most common types of work injury we see at our clinic include:
- Soft tissue injury: this includes inflammatory damage to muscle strains, ligament sprains, tendonitis, bursitis, and plantar fasciitis
- Sciatica: compression of the sciatic nerve (in the low back; this can cause severe leg pain)
- Carpal tunnel syndrome: compression of the median nerve (in the wrist; this can cause numbness in the first few fingers)
- Disc herniation or disc bulge: a disc that ruptures or bulges out of place (often compressing on a nearby nerve)
How Can I Avoid Work Injury?
Control the controllable factors! Manage your stress, don't smoke, get enough sleep, and follow a sound diet and exercise program. Learn how to set up your workplace in an ergonomically efficient way (e.g., the computer screen at eye level one arm's length away, wrists neutral when typing, and frequently used objects within easy reach). Get help lifting heavy objects, and always use good body mechanics and basic safety precautions during any physical task.
How Can a Chiropractor in Fargo Treat My Work Injury?
Working with our chiropractor in Fargo can be extremely beneficial for a work injury. Services include:
- Massage therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Corrective exercises
- Postural assessment and re-training
Together, these services reduce inflammation and pain, restore strength and range of motion, and most importantly prevent recurring injury.
Is Your Life Disrupted by a Work Injury? Get Back to Living With The Help Of Fargo Spine and Rehabilitation Today!
Contact us at 701-232-4770 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Vein, and don't let your work injury go untreated any longer!